Water heaters can usually be taken for granted until a problem arises. When your West Denver home or business experiences a water heater issue, it can make life really difficult. When it comes to troubleshooting your water heater, it may take a professional to really evaluate the issue. However, there are definitely some diagnostics you can run to figure out what your next course of action should be.
Troubleshooting Your West Denver’s Water Heater Issue
- No hot water present: If you’re experiencing no hot water at all, there’s probably something wrong with the heating element. Either your heating element requires replacing or it may have tripped due to the water being too hot.
- Water is too hot: If your water is too hot even after making an adjustment to the temperature, there is probably an issue with your thermostat. This could be an issue with your wiring as well.
- Water leaking from the water heater: There are numerous issues that can cause water leaking from either the top or the bottom of your water heater. From a loose pipe to a failed T&P valve, finding a professional before significant property damage is done is crucial.
- Water takes too long to reheat: Reheating your water is always slower with electric water heaters. This could also be an issue with the heating elements, thermostat, or the age of your unit. Investing in a larger tank or a tankless water heater can help eliminate this issue.
- Low hot water pressure: Older West Denver homes with 1/2-inch galvanized pipes can experience this issue a lot. Replacing your pipes with a larger diameter can help address this problem. This can also be the result of sediment, calcium deposits, and rust.
- Dirty, smelly, or rusty water: These concerns can develop when there’s an issue with the anode rod. Replacing it along with periodic flushes can solve these problems.
Work with West Denver’s Water Heater Experts
AppleTree Plumbing, Heating, Drains, and Electrical is honored to be the water heater experts serving West Denver. With decades of experience, we’re able to provide fast, reliable water heater repairs, replacements, and installations.
For immediate water heater service, please contact us!