A fresh coat of paint can make such a huge difference in any room of your Lakewood home. Paint can transform existing spaces and provide that clean, fresh look homeowners desire. When it comes to painting your bathroom, one of the toughest places to paint is behind the toilet. Rather than hiring a professional to paint just your bathroom, we’ve got some great tips for how to paint behind your toilet:
Prepping Your Lakewood Bathroom for Paint
Take these steps to prep your bathroom in order to effectively paint behind the toilet:
- Remove everything from your bathroom including rugs, towels, personal items, and shower curtains.
- Remove your toilet’s tank lid and cover your entire toilet with a trash bag. Use masking tape to ensure the bag is properly secured. You can use more tape or clips to keep the bag away from the wall.
- Prep the walls by cleaning them and your floors with warm, soapy water. This prevents fuzz and other debris from sticking to your new paint.
- Open the window or turn on the exhaust fan for proper ventilation.
- Always apply primer before you paint– this promotes better paint adhesion and better long-term aesthetics.
The Best Methods for Painting Behind Your Lakewood Toilet
Here are four options for painting behind your toilet. Each option has a clearance option should measure behind your toilet before choosing the right one:
- Wooster brush mini roller (1-inch clearance): This mini roller is a cost-effective option if you only have an inch of clearance.
- Sponge brush (2+inch clearance): Sponge brushes are great for larger clearances. Paint with only one side of the sponge by starting at the middle of the tank and working your way to each side.
- Jimmy sponge stix (1-inch clearance): These longer paint sticks are great for smaller clearances. You can carefully run it along the wall.
- Remove toilet and paint: If there’s not enough clearance for the other three options, try removing the toilet first before painting.
Work with Lakewood’s Trusted Bathroom Remodel Specialists
AppleTree Plumbing, Heating, Drains & Electrical is honored to be the trusted bathroom remodel specialists serving the Lakewood area. We’ve been remodeling residential and commercial bathrooms since 1983 and would love to help you with your project. If you need help with painting behind your toilet, we’d be happy to provide that service as well.
For more information regarding how to paint behind your toilet, please contact us!