The Most Common Causes for Burst Pipes in West Denver Residential and Commercial Properties
Burst pipes can be caused by numerous reasons, leading to significant property damage and high expenses if not immediately addressed. The most common causes for burst pipes in West Denver homes and businesses are:
- Frozen pipes: Frozen pipes are the leading cause for burst pipes here in Colorado. When the temperatures drop during winter months, uninsulated pipes can freeze along with the water inside of them. Once the water expands due to freezing, the pipe can break or split.
- Tree roots: Tree roots are one of the more common causes of burst pipes. Since tree roots naturally grow towards water sources, a weak point in the water line or loose connecting point are more susceptible for tree roots to wrap around the pipes leading to structural compromise.
- Collapsed pipe: Environmental changes, new construction, and changes in landscaping may all contribute to the increased weight upon your property’s pipes forcing them to rupture.
- Water pressure: A severe clog in your home or business may lead to significant water pressure that your pipes cannot handle. When the water pressure becomes too much for your pipes, this can lead to bursting as well.
- Old pipes: Many of the older homes in Lakewood have older pipes that have weakened over time, eventually deteriorating and leading to a burst pipe.
Save Money and Time By Calling AppleTree
If you have a burst pipe on your property, it is crucial to take immediate action and get the situation under control. The longer you wait, the more damage your property will experience in addition to wasted time and resources. Shutting off the main water supply may offer temporary relief but the water already exposed on your property will lead to mold, rotting wood, and more. Contact us immediately to get the repair and cleanup process started.